2021 Paddle at the Beach Pickleball Tournament
- Located at the J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road, North Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Men’s and Women’s skill level tournament. No mixed doubles or singles offered
- Team skill level will be determined by the player with the highest skill level.
- Separate age divisions based upon team age if enough teams register in a skill level.
- Onix Fuse Indoor Pickleball
- Players must be 18 years old by August 21st, 2021.
- Indoor tournament using six courts in two gymnasiums.
- Winner and runner up awards will be presented for each Men’s and Women’s skill division and age.
- All players receive a complimentary gift.
- Water provided. We will not have a Hospitality Suite.
- All registration is online.
- Registration and payment is by team.
- Register at https://secure.rec1.com/SC/north-myrtle-beach-sc/catalog
- You must establish an account to register
- 12 teams will be allowed to register for each of the skill levels 3.0 – 4.5.
- Registration begins May 3rd, 2021 at 8am.
- Registration fee is $50 per team
- Registration closes the earlier of when we reach our player limit of 96 players or August 11, 2021.
- Register early to guarantee yourself a slot.
- If you do not receive a welcoming email by August 18, 2021 please contact Ryan Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your registration.
- A list of registered players will be posted to the NMB website and updated periodically.
- USA Pickleball Rules apply
- The 12 Men’s and Women’s teams will be divided into two six team divisions and will play round robin matches within their skill level pools.
- Each team will play five matches comprised of two games to 11 points, win by one as long as there are six teams in the division.
- Saturday and Sunday start times and court assignments will be preassigned once registration closes and will be posted to the NMB website no later than August 18, 2021.
- Match starting times are estimates and actual start times may vary. Court assignments do not change.
- Winning teams in each division will be the team with the most wins. Tie breakers will be first, head to head play, then least points given up, and finally a coin flip.
- Tournament format is very popular because it provides significantly more play than a double elimination tournament.
Wait List, Refunds and Substitutions:
- Teams wanting to play after registration closes will be added to the wait list.
- Refunds will be granted for withdrawals prior to registration closing.
- Player substitutions may be made prior to August 18, 2021 as necessary.
- Player substitutions after August 18, 2021 will be granted at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Friday, August 20, 2021 – Check/in and practice at the J. Bryan Floyd Community Center from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- Saturday, August 21, 2021 - Check in and Men’s round robin pool play matches starting at 8:00 am.
- Sunday, August 22, 2021 – Check in and Women’s round robin matches starting at 8:00 am.