Rules and Regulations - Wedding, Vow Renewals and Permits on the Beach
1. A wedding permit is required.
2. A permit fee is required. The permit fee will be waived for calendar year 2023.
3. If a wedding planner, officiant, photographer, or any other paid vendor is hired, City of North Myrtle Beach business licenses are required for such vendors.
4. Professional photographic or videography activities that occur on the public beach shall occur at least twenty five (25) feet away from sand dune or sand dune or sand fence. Photographers/videographers and all guests must yield right of way to emergency vehicles if necessary.
5. Set-up regulations (no more than):
a. One (1) portable arch.
b. Two (2) small tables.
c. Twenty Four (24) folding chairs.
d. One (1) battery operated portable sound device/speaker.
6. Tiki torches, sky lanterns, floating lanterns and similar devices are prohibited.
7. All wedding activities, including photography, shall not interfere with the use of the public beach.
a. A specific place on the beach shall not be reserved.
b. The public is not required to accommodate any request(s) to move, even those temporary in nature.
8. Wedding receptions and catering of any kind is prohibited.
9. Real rose pedals and/or seashells may be scattered during the ceremony. No other materials or items may be thrown or scattered.
10. The staging or erection of obstructions of any kind on the public beach is prohibited.
11. Vendors may not advertise, solicit, or engage in financial transactions on the beach.
If you have any questions, please contact Tammy Miller,
North Myrtle Beach Parks and Recreation Department
at (843) 281-3758, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.