PUBLIC NOTICE - SPECIAL ELECTION
The Municipal Election Commission of the City of North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina announces a special election for the City of North Myrtle Beach to be held on Tuesday, March 2, 2021. This is a nonpartisan election and no party affiliation will be placed on the ballot.
The following office shall be included in this election:
- OFFICE: One seat for Council Member At-Large
- TERM: March 2021 - November 2021
Citizens desiring to be candidates for the above-listed office may file at the North Myrtle Beach City Hall with the City Clerk. Books will open for filing on December 18, 2020, at 12:00 noon and remain open during regular business hours (8:00 am-5:00 pm) until 12:00 noon on December 30, 2020. (Note: The filing period was extended two days in order to account for the fact that City Hall is closed December 24 and December 25.)
Any person wishing to register to vote in this election must do so no later than Friday, January 29, 2021. To register, contact the Horry County Board of Voter Registration at (843) 915-5440 or online at www.horrycounty.org. Absentee ballots must be obtained through the Horry County Voter Registration office in Conway.
At the close of the polls, the North Myrtle Beach Municipal Election Commission will count the absentee ballots at City Hall.
The Commission will meet at North Myrtle Beach City Hall at 10:00 am on Thursday, March 4, 2021, to certify the election and determine the validity of ballots challenged in the election.
Any runoff will be held two weeks after the election on Tuesday, March 16, 2021.
The following precincts and polling locations will be open from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm on March 2, 2021:
- Windy Hill 1 Precinct- Windy Hill Fire Station # 3 (33rd Avenue South)
- Windy Hill 2 Precinct –Fire Station # 5 (Barefoot Resort)
- Crescent Beach Precinct- J. Bryan Floyd Community Center (Possum Trot Road)
- Ocean Drive 1 Precinct- Fire Station # 1 (2nd Avenue South)
- Ocean Drive 2 Precinct - St. Stephens Episcopal Church- (11th Avenue North)
- Cherry Grove 1 Precinct- Chapel by the Sea Church (Sea Mountain Highway)
- Cherry Grove 2 Precinct - Fire Station # 4 (Little River Neck Road)
- Wampee Precinct (Park Pointe residents only) - Riverside Elementary School (1283 Highway 57 South, Little River)
- Nixons 1 Precinct (Grande Harbour residents only) - North Myrtle Beach High School (3750 Sea Mountain Highway, Little River)
For more information about candidate filing, please contact City Clerk Allison Galbreath at (843) 280-5604 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org